Mail can be sent to:

Mission Office:
Anziano Randon LaFaye
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome RM
Italy

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

MTC Week 1



Ciao madre!
No I won't be able to skype or call here at the MTC. I won't be able to talk until I'm at the airport in 5 weeks. MTC rules are crazy strict here! But for good purposes. Sooo Happy Mothers' Day! Anywho, my italiano is coming along pretty well, I'm able to roll my R's now so the gift of Tongues is a real thing! I've had to teach lessons in italian almost everyday now. We started teaching the second day we were here, che nervoso! I'm able to pray and bear testimony in complete Italian now even though my vocabulary isn't very broad, I know my prayer is still meaningful. Speaking of prayer, I've never prayed so many times in my life! I'll say a prayer then 5 minutes later I'll say another prayer with my companion, then 10 minutes later I'll pray with my district. Odd thing is that I'm the one who wants to pray, not because a teacher asked me to you know? Hopefully you got my letter by now but I've been called to be the District Leader and I had my first District meeting last night. I shared an awesome message (of course!) on our purpose with baptism then opened up for discussion on some goals. Well every goal was basically directed towards one person's weakness like talking during our study time, and certainly got out of control fast. I think I have my work cut out for me with this district haha but I'm glad I've been called to be an example. My companion is Anziano (Elder) Calchera, he lived all over the U.S. as a military family and loves basketball. Just from that I love this kid! We get along very well besides the fact that he wants to join choir and I don't haha. Anyways I've been here for a week now and definitely evolved as a member of this church. I love praying on my knees with my district and love the devotionals we have here. I remember being told that we missionaries should share the gospel at all times, and when necessary, speak. BE AN EXAMPLE! That's my motto here and cannot wait till the mission field! Hope you're loving the small family back at home!
con amore,
Anziano LaFaye

Oh my goodess I forgot! I went to the Provo Temple today to perform endowments for an Italian and this is only my second time going through the temple so still very nervous. But it's a great reminder of why we live this gospel, to return to our Heavenly Father! Everyone in my district has gone at least six times so I'm quite the rookie here. And if you haven'[t noticed, our P-day is on Wednesday here so hopefully you weren't thinking I was ignoring you on Monday. And our weekly service assignment is on our P-day, not excited about that, so we had to be at work at 6AM which makes it the second time in the week that we have to wake up before 6:30. So much for living the mission rules of 6:30am to 10:30pm. But my roomate's alarm clock is wonderful, birds are chirping when the alarm goes off so it's a wonderful way to wake up :) Alright I got to wash laundry, arrivederci!
Anziano LaFaye

No comments:

Post a Comment