Mail can be sent to:

Mission Office:
Anziano Randon LaFaye
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome RM
Italy

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Experiences with food and language


Buongiorno famiglia!
   My first experience with sea food was interesting. Here's my motto for sea food: the nastier it looks, the better it tastes. For example the octopus was very delicious haha just looking at the tentacles made me question it but I liked it! Then the more appealing foods didn't taste as good. I found myself making a sour face when I would eat some of the foods. Next topic, gelato. The ice cream is something I look forward to everyday. Every family we visit likes to give us ice cream and I gladly accept! Then we visited someone who went to the Switzerland temple and brought back Swiss Chocolate! I savoured that chocolate so much that they thought I didn't like it oops. Ok enough of food.
   The language is slowly coming along but then again it's only been two weeks, I have 2 years to share the gospel! I'm learning almost a whole new vocab here in Crotone and people here in the south aren't very proper so while talking, they spit a lot and we tend to be very close when talking haha so endurance is key! Now we have this guy Victor who is going to be baptized in the Sea this Saturday! This is very special since our numbers aren't necessarily like what Elder LaFaye in Paraguay is experiencing! We aim for 20 baptisms a month as a mission while Ryan is in the hundreds. And Victor speaks English since he's from Africa so I love teaching him! Our other lessons I speak very little but we're striving for 50/50 participation with my language. Our branch is very little so we get to check up on all the members very frequently and I'm already very close with all of them! Italians are so kind! Even those who want nothing to do with our gospel are incredibly kind to us missionaries.
   Okay Reece those are some awesome camps you're going to! My advice: take a scholarship anywhere because that will help narrow your choice of studies. Unless you already know what you want to do but I didn't know until I went through some college. Plus you don't have to pay for education and you get to keep exercising for fun! Robby I hope you're out hanging with friends, you only get 3 more summers in high school so have fun! (But preferable with lds friends haha) OK Ti voglio bene :) Ci vediamo

Elder LaFaye

No comments:

Post a Comment