Mail can be sent to:

Mission Office:
Anziano Randon LaFaye
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome RM
Italy

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Jelly Fish


Ci-ciao!
We get our mail at our building so our apartment address is our mailing address. But just for letters. I don't need any packages from you so don't worry, the missionaries are the rich people in southern Italy so we live very well compared to everyone we know. AND I found peanut butter at a local store! I'm completely set now. If you send any letters, you should address it as Anziano Randon LaFaye and I sent my packet with all that info home from the MTC, hopefully you got it. Also, I saved the mailing instructions on my laptop as icons on the desktop but don't remember what I labeled them. So once again, please don't send me any packages because I don't need anything :) I can see why Ryan enjoys shrimp so much now, I certainly love eating shrimp now! So go buy an octopus for Reece and Robby if you want to prepare them haha. Awesome! Have an awesome summer Mom! even if it may be short. Please send some pictures from Greer, I'd love to see how the Cabin is looking.
Oh Dearest Grandmother Kasold, I'd try to think of a poem right now but don't have much time so this will have to do. Thank you so much for supporting Ryan and I :) I certainly appreciate that kind and grand heart of yours! I loved spending time with you up in Greer so lets plan on that again after my mission, sounds good? Thanks again :)
The language is slowly picking up, it's difficult still but I'm enjoying it. I don't believe I know a Sis Wiltbank?
Ok so soccer is starting to get serious, there are gatherings at bars for the soccer games but we're still proselyting for now. Italy faced spain the other day and italy lost so the streets were completely dead silent, I enjoyed the silence actually. Victor's baptism was amazing! But it had it's up and down's. So as a witness I got to go in the sea with them, awesome! But during the baptism I was stung by something but ignored it since I had to listen to the words being said correctly. It was pretty painful but I saw how happy Victor was so luckily the joy overcame the pain! So we took pictures, hugged and took some more pictures but then once we had to change I realized my foot was swelling! The throbbing was killing me so I asked my companion for a blessing. Immediately after my blessing the pain became bearable. It was certainly still there but I was so thankful for the comfort! The priesthood is amazing! So after the baptism I was taken to the hospital and by this time my whole foot is swollen! As we check in, some man says to me how this hospital is like a 3rd world hospital..not the news I'd like to hear. So we waited 2 and a half hours to be seen by the doctor and by now I don't feel any pain so it was kind of pointless. They asked me if I felt any pain and since I said no, they got mad at me and made me pay for bothering the doctors haha dumb! They cleaned it and sent me away. But another testimony builder during this experience is during my long long wait.
To pass the time I started reading from the book of Mormon and some how every time I starting reading, my foot would throb like crazy! so I took a break from reading and the pain stopped. Then began reading again and once again my foot started throbbing again! It made me think of how Satan tried to prevent Joseph Smith from praying to know of the truth, and in my study with pain, I found an awesome scripture for Victor! Persevering to the end is so so important! Comunque, I didn't get home til 1:30 in the morning so we didn't get any sleep that night but I woke up and was able to walk to church. My foot was practically healed! Now it's 4 days later and my foot is still a little swollen but I have no problems with it, I just wish I knew what stung me! Apparently jelly fishes are common here and that's what everyone was saying but I highly doubt they come that close to the shore, at least I hope. I have pictures but my camera is dead and apparently plugging the camera into the computer doesn't charge it? Sad. Next week I'll send you some for sure!
Happy 4th everyone!
Anziano LaFaye

No comments:

Post a Comment